Solarbotics GMPW plastic wheel with molded tire; encoder stripes shown colored in
The GMPW wheel is made to match the Solarbotics GM2
, and GM9
gearmotors, and it also match the Pololu plastic gearmotors. This plastic wheel is molded from ABS and has a molded-on thermoplastic silicone tyre with great traction and wear characteristics. There is a 64-stripe encoder pattern on one side of the wheel compatible with the Wheel Watcher. The plastic wheel measures just under 2-5/8" (69 mm) across by 0.3" (7.62 mm) wide and is available in blue
, and black
(For mini-sumo robots, you can also try using the high-traction sticky tyre, which is NOT made to fit this plastic robot wheel, but happens to work pretty well with it.)
Solarbotics GMPW blue plastic wheel with molded tire and encoder stripes, mounted on a GM9 gearmotor
- One wheel
- One screw for mounting to a suitable motor such as those listed under the related products on this page.
- Diameter: just under 2-5/8" (69 mm)
- Tyre width: 0.3" (7.62 mm)
- Tyre: molded-on thermoplastic silicone
- Encoder stripes: 64-stripe pattern molded in on one side (compatible with the Wheel Watcher)
- Colour options: blue, yellow, red, and black
For a lower-cost, similar wheel with fewer features, see the original-style GMPW wheels.