This is a project to build a 3D-printed replica, life-sized BB8 model from Star Wars.
- 2018-04-09 21.32.26.jpg (2070kb)
- 2018-12-20 20.50.30.jpg (1659kb)
- 2018-12-25 22.03.19.png (872kb)
- 2018-12-28 09.02.26.jpg (2193kb)
- 2018-12-28 09.02.58.jpg (2193kb)
- 2019-01-15 21.33.58.mov.zip (13823kb)
- 2019-01-17 05.38.03.jpg (1378kb)
- 2019-01-22 06.33.55-2.jpg (989kb)
- 2019-01-23 20.34.53.mov.zip (10722kb)
- 2019-02-24 14.53.17.jpg (1911kb)
A Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy Far, Far Away...
Star Wars Celebration 2015With the exciting new Star Wars movie coming out Disney & LucasFilm showed off a droid unlike any we had seen before. The a number of R2D2 builders and a dedicated group of fans formed the BB-8 Builders Club, with the intention of constructing their very own BB-8. Design iterations were flying around the world with updates to the club spec files on a monthly basis, trying to get a fully 3D printed droid that was as screen-accurate as possible.
Several Years Later...I joined the club in 2017 with the goal of building my own droid. I bought my first 3D printer from Aldi. A Cocoon Create Touch (CCT).
Whilst this printer wasn't big enough to print the club parts in 1-piece, it was a 3D printer. Slowly, I started printing off BB-8's dome:
And finally, here today - Feb/Mar 2019:
If you want to find out about building your own droid, join the club at: bb8builders.club or the Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/BB8BuildersClub/